The Federal Government of Nigeria has received a credit from the International Development Association (IDA) for the cost of the Regional Disease Surveillance Systems Enhancement (REDISSE) Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this credit will be applied to eligible payments for the outright purchase of AN EXISTING WAREHOUSE FOR MEDICAL purposes.
2. The Regional Disease Surveillance Systems Enhancement (REDISSE) Project hereby attaches the Specifications for this facility and invites you to provide vital Information about available warehouse(s) that fits the specifications attached and submit them to the:
Regional Disease Surveillance Systems Enhancement (REDISSE) Project
Plot 804, Ebitu Ukiwe Street,
3. This Specification has also been extended to various other vendors, and selection will be in line with the Criteria as specified in the attached Specifications and World Bank Procurement Regulations.
4. Your completed form in respect of this Request for Information (RFI) should be submitted on or before 7th June 2022.
5. Accept the assurances of the Project Coordinator.
Head of Procurement (NCDC/REDISSE)
SPECIFICATION FOR AN EXISTING WAREHOUSE FOR MEDICAL PURPOSES
The warehouse is a key component of the supply chain for health commodities. This is especially true in resource-poor environments where they act as buffers against uncertainties and breakdowns within the supply chain. When properly managed and appropriately stocked, the warehouse provides a consistent supply of products as they are needed. Medical warehouses need to be well laid out and should contain all the necessary storage areas, goods assembly, packing, receiving and dispatch bays, and office and ancillary accommodation needed for efficient operation of the store.
The Medical Warehouse Specification is based on the following categories:
B. Layout & Operations capacity
C. Warehouse Equipment
D. Special Storage
E. Security & Safety.
A. WAREHOUSE INFRASTRUCTURE:
SPECIFICATION & LOCATION:
- Industrial layouts in Abuja, Lugbe, Airport Road, Asokoro, Maitama, and Environs.
- The location must be easily accessible and road access (must be tarred) and adequate for a vehicle of 24-32 Feet 12-Wheeler Truck or more (16 Ton to 25 Ton Capacity) or more that may need to come to the warehouse
- The facilities must be well fenced and have a land space, minimum of 2000 meter squares
- The location must not be in areas that have routinely congested roads
- The location should have access to a national grid power source
- The location should have adequate drainage to allow rainwater to drain, away from the store and should not be in an area prone to flooding or drainage problems.
- The soil type (regular soil) must be one that is well-drained to combat any possible flooding or erosion
- Presence of water closet systems with efficient water supply
- The location should show no evidence of any cultural resources like shrines, monumental symbols, graves, or cemeteries
- The land should have a certificate of occupancy devoid of squatters and disputes.
- Presence of trees or shrubs would be added advantage
- The facility should have a standard warehouse with minimum dimensions of 1000sqm
- Existing buildings of 4-5units of about five hundred to one thousand square meters (500 - 1000 sqm) capacity for dry products including pharmaceuticals.
- There should be adequate space around the warehouse for expansion and for additional building needs.
- Doors: The dimension of the doors should be wide enough to allow free and easy movement of products and handling equipment. The doors should also be wide and high enough to allow large vehicles easy entry. Ensure the doors are strong and reinforced for adequate security and should have provision for locks.
- Warehouse floor: The floor must be made of hard material and must meet stress and strength requirements Where the shelves and stacking occur, and dynamic floor loads where the forklifts operate)
- Roof and Ceiling: Insulated roofing panels are recommended, for example, galvanized steel sheets with polyurethane insulation with 40 millimeters (mm) – 100-millimeter mm widths. The building should be without an internal ceiling. It may have reflective powder-coated paint.
- Windows: The windows should be high and wide enough for adequate ventilation. The window height should ensure that shelves do not block them.
- Lighting: To reduce fluorescent or bulb lighting, the warehouse should have as much natural light from indirect sunlight during the day
- Rodents: devoid of rodents or invasive species
- Power: The main source of electricity is required, dedicated space for generating set and fuel dump, and a dedicated space for a solar panel for backup power.
C. WAREHOUSING LAYOUT
TYPE OF OPERATION
- The planned operations of the warehouse would be that of a transshipment warehouse, where products are received in bulk from multiple suppliers, stored for a period and then broken down into manageable quantities for onward delivery to lower-level stores or health facilities.
D. LAYOUT OPTIONS
- An already designated office space must be available.
- The layout option of the warehouse is the 'U' flow warehouse.
- The main activities of the warehouse would be receiving, storing, and distributing commodities.
- The layout should include a space for storing expired/unusable commodities
- Muster and waste collection point.
E. SECURITY AND SAFETY
- Clearly have emergency exits
- Rooms / Posts for security personnel.