TECHNICAL OFFICER – STATE PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORIES NETWORK
Outline job description
1. Support the development of a framework with minimum standards for State public health laboratories including protocol for testing, reporting, collaboration, public health research etc.
2. Support the development of a quality assurance system for State public health laboratories
3. Develop a training programme/curriculum for the State public health laboratory network
4. Develop a set of key performance indicators to be used across all State public health laboratories pre-, during and post-outbreaks
Qualifications and Requirements
MSc in Laboratory Sciences or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in provision of laboratory support.
Experience in management of laboratory services particularly public health laboratory facility, including training laboratory staff, laboratory analysis/testing, interpretation and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices, use of laboratory information management systems and safe work practices.
Knowledge of the role of laboratories in disease surveillance and public health in Nigeria is essential
Knowledge of research governance
Demonstrable project management skills
Proven ability to produce precise reports and briefs with attention to detail
Proven experience of stakeholder engagement
Well-developed computer skills.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of relevant social, political, and ethical issues
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex operations and teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationships with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control National Reference Laboratory staff, State level laboratory colleagues and other stakeholders at national and State levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
The positions carry a competitive remuneration package.
How to apply: Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET human resource web application direct address Click here and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.