TECHNICAL OFFICER – STRENGTHENING NIGERIAN FIELD EPIDEMIOLOGY AND LABORATORY TRAINING PROGRAMME
Outline job description
1. Support the review of the Nigeria Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme (NFELP) structure, curriculum and other key aspects
2. Support the development of position papers and other communication documents required for stakeholders
3. Develop a framework for NFELTP’s integration into NCDC as a unit of the Department of Prevention, Programme and Knowledge Management, including coordination of stakeholders, regular reporting lines etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
Masters degree in Public Health, Epidemiology or related field from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in Public Health infectious disease epidemiology and surveillance programmes at national, regional or continental levels.
Participation in the Nigerian Filed Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Programme or other relevant Field Epidemiology Training Programmes would be an advantage
Knowledge of research governance
Knowledge of curriculum development principles
Demonstrable project management skills
Proven ability to produce precise reports and briefs with attention to detail
Proven experience with stakeholder engagement
Well-developed computer skills.
Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of relevant social, political, and ethical issues
- Ability to work under pressure, stay on track and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage complex operations and teams
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills - Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain good working relationships with the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control National Reference Laboratory staff, State level laboratory colleagues and other stakeholders at national and State levels.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong team working skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
The positions carry a competitive remuneration package.
How to apply: Interested applicants for this position should visit the AFENET human resource web application direct address Click here and submit their applications, addressing the minimum requirements as per the advertisement. Candidates should indicate the appropriate position in their application letter.
AFENET is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.