The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is recruiting for short term consultancy - SORMAS Operations Manager
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks.
Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Center for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
In addition, NCDC has also supported states in establishing Public Health Emergency Operations Centres for improved coordination of outbreak preparedness and response.
NCDC is investing resources in strengthening health security at the sub-national level including improving capacity to effectively prevent, detect and respond to infectious disease outbreaks.
Start Date: February 1, 2020
End Date: January 31, 2021
Employment type: Full time
The Responsibilities of the NCDC SORMAS Operations Manager Include
• Develop a detailed plan to track SORMAS deployment progress
• Maintain SORMAS project plans (including documentation of project deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules and project dashboards)
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Create and maintain SORMAS project documentation
• Monitor use of project materials and resources
• Ensure quality project record keeping.
• Manage SORMAS project supplies stock
• Maintain and update SORMAS project database
• Organise a filing system for important and confidential project documents
• Maintain project calendar and schedule appointments
• Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails and packages)
• Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
• Arrange travel and accommodation for the SORMAS team and ensure accurate retirement
• Interfacing with project service providers (insurance companies, Telcos, Internet service providers)
• Develop and submit report of all activities to the SORMAS Implementation Lead
• Bachelor’s degree in any course
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or other related courses
• PMP, CAPM, ITIL, COBIT5 certification etc.
• Possess at least 5-year experience in project management, and or working with project management tools/systems
• Experience working with Microsoft office suite
• A good understanding of Nigerian surveillance system
• Software development knowledge or database administration knowledge or experience working with android mobile apps would be an added advantage
• Ability to establish and maintain good relations with people at various levels and of different nationalities
• Language Proficiency: Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a cover letter addressing the job requirements as per the advertisement by email to email@example.com before COB 23rd December, 2019 using the Job title as the subject of the mail.