This is to advertise position to work on the Coalition of Epidemics Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) Lassa Fever Epidemiologic Study in Nigeria. The positions will operate from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: Two years
Opening Date: 10th September 2019
Closing Date: 23rd September 2019
Duty station: Abuja
Work Hours: Full time
• Handles arrangements for all incoming visitors to the office including transport and accommodation arrangements when necessary
• Ensures that appropriate service contracts are in place for the office and necessary services of equipment are carried out in line with the agreed schedule.
• Assists with the logistical arrangements for all workshops, events and meetings
• Maintains appropriate filing system and inventory/asset register (in liaison with the logistics and account officers) for the project so that all contracts; reports and correspondence are filed properly and easily retrievable when needed.
• Liaises with all outside contractors and service suppliers concerning all services/utilities supplied to the state office.
• Ensures that all procurement processes are documented and necessary documents in line with this filed appropriately.
• Ensures that Local Purchase Orders (LPOs) are raised before any services are carried out or goods are supplied by selected vendors, and all payments and approvals are in line with project policy
• Keeps a register of vehicle maintenance and fueling requirements including out of station movements.
• Performs other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
• Essential: A Bachelors degree in any course
• Essential: Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package and good spoken and written English
• Desirable: Experience in writing of reports
• Desirable: Evidence of continuous professional development and experience of working in a team
• Managing People: Provides support to less experienced members of the team and is aware of individual differences. Helps colleagues perform tasks and use systems and processes.
• Planning and Organizing: Is Methodical - Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
• Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively - Listens to others and expresses self clearly in speaking and writing.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for these positions should send in the following: a letter of intent stating
position applied for, Resume of maximum of 4-pages, full CV and copies of relevant certificates
as per the advertisement through https://ncdc.gov.ng/job Only successful candidates will be contacted.