Position: Programme Officer
Reports: NCDC GF C19RM Grant Manager
Purpose of the Position
The Program Officer will work directly with the implementing units/departments in the assigned thematic areas to deliver on key project objectives of the GF grant. He/she will support the implementation of GF C19RM project, coordination and arrangement of planned activities, critical milestones and targets as well as providing support and guidance to program counterparts to ensure that activities are implemented in line with GF policies and procedures to the highest possible standards.
Duties of the Program Officer
• Provide day-to-day support in program planning, design, and monitoring of the implementation of all components of the GF C19RM grant and liaise with NCDC implementing department/unit to submit monthly/quarterly state progress reports to NCDC GF C19RM grant Coordinator.
• Assist in data collection, collation, validation and reporting according to GF M&E plan, ensure key performance indicators are met in line with GF C19RM assessment tools.
• Support project documentation including data gathering, recording, and reporting of information on the grant management process.
• Perform other additional duties as assigned
• Support PMU for upcoming meetings, events and other calendar commitments
• Maintain excellent quality and resolve errors while copying documents and performing other tasks such as transcription and conversion work, scanning documents
• Arrange, organise meetings and workshops, take good minutes and records of meetings including dissemination of minutes and reports
• Carry out proper documentation and filing of all the Project documents, in consultation /coordination with specialists/experts serving in the GF Project Management Unit (PMU).
• Develop and implement an effective administrative plan based on project thematic areas, activities, trainings, meetings.
• Maintain electronic data files and hard copies of reports, etc.
• File, record, recover, archive, scan and maintain documents and database systems
• Handle correspondence, preparation of presentations and budgets and varied documents. Ensure secrecy in managing confidential documents and manage document recovery
• Ensure agreement of documents and corporate records with legal, financial, regulatory requirements and Global Fund guidelines
• Arrange PMU travel, create detailed travel itineraries and process resulting expenses reports
• Structure and edit reports for internal and external communication platform (e.g. NCDC website, newsletter, etc)
• Write stories on innovation and engagement of the NCDC GF team on NCDC intranet and website, social media and other channels as appropriate
• Assist in the development of dissemination of learning material across and beyond the organization
• Develop presentations and pitch decks on priority initiatives within the team’s thematic portfolio, for internal stakeholders as well as external partnerships
• Carry out basis research on selected themes to inform the strategic development of the team’s initiatives, as well as more in-depth research and analysis on one or more selected theme(s)
• Develop and maintain the GF PMU’s document repository
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Sciences, Public Health or Business Administration. Master’s degree in management, Business Administration or any other relevant field with at least 5 years of relevant experiences working with INGOs
• 3-5years work experience as project officer/ coordinator. Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
• Experience in financial and program management
• Monitoring and Evaluation experience
• Experience working in multi-cultural/national teams
• Work experience with and knowledge of Global Fund processes is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills and proficiency are required.
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Publisher).
• Competencies and Skills:
• Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, sub-national teams, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
• Ability to communicate effectively with wide range of stakeholders.
Values and Ethics: The candidate should have a high level of:
• Integrity, Accountability, Resilience, Transparency, Punctuality, Team spirit
NCDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, state of origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit on the portal their suitability statement and CV as a single document with the job title clearly indicated as the subject matter on the portal at https://career.ncdc.gov.ng The deadline for submission is by 5pm 30th June 2022.