This is to advertise position to work on the Coalition of Epidemics Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) Lassa Fever Epidemiologic Study in Nigeria. The positions will operate from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: Two years
Opening Date: 10th September 2019
Closing Date: 23rd September 2019
Duty station: Abuja
Work Hours: Full time
• Manages information, communications and technology ICT Solutions, materials and experiences developed for the project.
• Supports Data manager to conduct training for health workers when necessary
• He/she will also develop training Programs.
• Uses communication and information technology to support the project structures.
• Supports data cleaning, sorting, pruning, storing and archiving and analysis of data.
• Provides technical support to project site teams
• Provides innovative approaches to achieving the project objectives
• Dashboard review and data quality checks for received data from project sites
• Provides data for updates, reports and presentationsrequisite clearance process
• Ensures internet connectivity within project office
• Supports the data entry and harmonization process
• Performs other tasks given by the Data Management Team Lead and Coordinator.
• Essential: First degree in computer related field such as information technology/science, computer science, computer engineering or in the sciences
• Desirable: Evidence of continuous professional development and experience of working in a team
• Essential: Experience in ICT and data management
• Knowledge of Mobile data collection systems
• Minimum one year of post NYSC experience in similar positions required
• Good problem solving skill, Creativity. Helps colleagues perform tasks and use systems and processes, understanding of software programs.
• Planning and Organizing: Is Methodical - Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes.
• Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively - Listens to others and expresses self clearly,
Method of Application
Interested applicants for these positions should send in the following: a letter of intent stating
position applied for, Resume of maximum of 4-pages, full CV and copies of relevant certificates
as per the advertisement through https://ncdc.gov.ng/job Only successful candidates will be contacted.