This is to advertise position to work on the Coalition of Epidemics Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) Lassa Fever Epidemiologic Study in Nigeria. The positions will operate from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC). Open to: All Interested Candidates
Duration of contract: Two years
Opening Date: 10th September 2019
Closing Date: 23rd September 2019
Duty station: Abuja
Work Hours: Full time
• Responsible for the management of data with a focus on quality
• Responsible for the database system, create and oversee computerized databases as needed by the project/organization
• Supports the design of data collection instruments and databases as needed
• Develops and review data management policies and procedures and rules on how information can be shared securely and responsibly
• Ensures that data generated is properly harmonized across sites, managed and analyzed to facilitate data-driven decision making
• Trains relevant colleagues on electronic data collection and electronic data entry, uploading and data security
• Ensures data systems security, identify risk and mitigate against them.
• Manages information, communications and technology ICT Solutions
• Collaborates with other team members to discuss any data problems that may arise and develop potential solutions
• Provides support to project sites to assure data quality and harmonize data
• Regularly help with exploratory and descriptive statistical analyses of data
• Works with project management team to provide data for updates, reports and presentations after requisite clearance process
• Ensures all IT equipment are functioning and properly maintained and serviced when due.
• Ensures that back-ups are completed in line with agreed standards.
• Performs any other assignments that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
• Essential 1st degree in computer related field such as computer science, computer engineering, information technology/science, ,
• Essential: Experience in ICT and data management
• Desirable: A Masters' Degree in relevant discipline
• Desirable: Certificate in Management and or Administration
• Knowledge of Mobile data collection systems eg ODK (back and front end)
• Knowledge and experience in management and analysis of quantitative data.
• 2-3years experience in similar positions required
• Strong analytic, problem solving skills: Able to conduct operations and system analyses. Understanding of software programs
• Managing People: Provides support to less experienced members of the team and is aware of individual differences. Helps colleagues perform tasks and use systems and processes to achieve objectives. Able to lead on tasks.
• Planning and Organizing Is Methodical and professional- Able to plan own work over short timescales for required tasks and processes, able to organize a team to deliver on objectives,
• Communicating and Influencing: Communicates clearly and effectively - Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing. Able to harmonize, manage and perform data analysis. Able to train and mentor less experienced team members.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for these positions should send in the following: a letter of intent stating
position applied for, Resume of maximum of 4-pages, full CV and copies of relevant certificates
as per the advertisement through https://ncdc.gov.ng/job Only successful candidates will be contacted.